The Lew's® Speed Spool® model BB1 introduced anglers to several baitcast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging levelwind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance and comfort. The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew's® BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of the Lew's® brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer - the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcast series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.
- One-piece aluminum frame
- Machined forged, double anodized aluminum, U-shaped large capacity spool
- Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and multi-stop anti-reverse (BB1 and BB1L models)
- Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-Reverse anti-reverse (BB1HZ, BB1SHZ, BB1HZL, BB1SHZL)
- Positive on/off Smart Plus™ Six Pin centrifugal braking system.
- Double anodized aluminum spool tension knob with audible click
- Carbon fiber aluminum star drag system with 14-lbs. of drag power
- Bowed 95MM aluminum cranking handle with Lew's® custom SoftTouch contoured paddle handle knob
- Oversized titanium line guide positioned further away from the spool to minimize line friction and maximize casting performance
- Quick release sideplate mechanism provides easy access to centrifugal brake system
- External lube port
|Model||Bearings||Wt. Oz.||Line Capacity||Gear Ratio||IPT|
BB1HZ 9+1 7.2 160/12 6.4:1 28"